Learn Languages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Learn Languages

Here u can learn as many languages u want xD

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alphabet and Pronunciation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~TBL~
Italian Admin
Italian Admin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Alphabet and Pronunciation Empty
PostSubject: Alphabet and Pronunciation   Alphabet and Pronunciation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 3:40 am

Wheeeee!

I'd like to take the opportunity to say that there are probably many mistakes here, which Georgi will hopefully point out, and that if you have any questions, please feel free to ask someone else. Like Georgi. Alphabet and Pronunciation 655162

A B C D E F G H I J (K) L M N O P (Q) R S T U V (W) X (Y) Z
With the addition of these! ă î â ş ţ
Notice the letters in parenthesis - they occur only in loan words from other languages, to my knowledge. (They are after all, useless letters. tongue )

ş - "sh".
ex. şase ("six") SHA-seh

ţ - "ts".
ex. glumeţ ("facetious; witty") gloo-METS

ă - sounds like "uh".
ex. sărbătoare ("feast, holiday") suhr-buh-TWA-reh

î and â have no sounds similar in English, so it's hard for me to describe them, I think Georgiana will do a better job of that. santa
It's something like...ueh...or eiu...or euw... Alphabet and Pronunciation 467726 Listen closely to the first verse of O-Zone's Despre Tine, where Arsenie sings "Despre tine vreau să cânt." Or Dan's "Despre Tine Cânt," whoever's voice you like better...
Back to top Go down
~TBL~
Italian Admin
Italian Admin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet and Pronunciation   Alphabet and Pronunciation Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 3:41 am

Diphtongs and Triphtongs
Here are some groups of vowels, followed by its sound in an English word, and an example of it in a Romanian word.

au - cow. naufragiat ("shipwrecked")
ea - ya. ea ("she")
ei - hey. tei ("linden tree")
eu - yew. greu ("heavy")
ie - yeah. ierta ("to forgive")
iu - you. iubesc ("I love")
ua - water. ziua ("day")
ou - know. noutate ("novelty")
uă - wuh. două ("two")
ui - we. puişor ("chick/en")
iau - meow. iaurt ("yoghurt")

Special groups of letters
...their sound in English to the right.
ce ------------ cheh
ci ------------- chee
che ----------- keh
chi ------------ key
ge ------------ jeh
gi ------------- jee
ghe ---------- geh (hard g)
ghi ----------- gee (hard g)

Just remember that g or c before an h makes it a hard sound!

Notes:
When i is at the end of a multi-syllable word, it is not pronounced but palatalizes the consonant before it. răciţi - ruh-CHEETS'. However if it comes after a consonant + r, it is pronounced.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Introdulcer of new bands
Introdulcer of new bands
Kitty

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet and Pronunciation   Alphabet and Pronunciation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:39 am

what costs me the most is to pronunciate this accent ^ in the a´s like a u,geez in portuguese we dont read it like that Alphabet and Pronunciation 466197,there´s a good program to learn romanian called Before you Know It there are several languages you can learn it it´s easy,there´s lists of things and you can download another,thank god i found it Alphabet and Pronunciation 982768
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet and Pronunciation   Alphabet and Pronunciation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alphabet and Pronunciation
Page 1 of 1